Bottled Water Regulations
Bottled water, one of the most regulated food products, is subject to many levels of regulations and standards: International, Federal, state and industry.
On all levels, bottled water is regulated as a food product to ensure bottled water product safety from production to packaging to consumption. In general they cover the following:
- Standards of Quality
- Standards of Identity(such as labeling regulations and standardized terms)
- Good Manufacturing Practices(such as plant construction, sanitary facilities and process controls)
- State Labeling
- Laboratory Certification
- Bottling Plant Permits
- Water Sources
- Product Labeling
- Product Testing Procedures. (Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Annual, unannounced inspections by third-party auditors
- Audits of all areas of plant production
- Adherence to the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Program
- Compliance audits of federal and state regulations and industry standards
Not only do we comply with bottled water regulations, we take it a step further. We produce high quality bottled water that is crisp, refreshing and tastes great.
Take a look at our water quality reports. Yes, we deliver!